By: Shen-Li Lee
Tips for expecting Young Urban Moms to look their best, without breaking the bank
Gone are the days when being pregnant meant wearing those hideously ugly, tent-like dresses. These days, pregnant women are looking delightfully delicious in these hip maternity labels: Blooming Marvellous, Babes with Babies, Maternal America, Olian, Maternitedesigns, and Ripe Maternity. These are just some of the designer labels bringing high fashion to the pregnant woman.
One thing is for certain, pregnant mamas don’t have to pay an arm and a leg to look chic either. A lot of maternity wear these days are cleverly designed to grow with the bump throughout the pregnancy. Many of these stylish designs look just as elegant when worn post-partum, as well. Just follow the following tips to see how to you can get a celebrity-mama look at a fraction of the price.
Fashionably Pregnant Tips
- Being pregnant is a time to show off those accentuated curves. You’re pregnant, not fat. So flaunt that bump with figure hugging clothes.
- V-necklines are not only great for the enhanced pregnancy cleavage, but they’re also slimming for the face and body.
- Empire-waist shirts and dresses are flirty and feminine. They help to show off your bump without making you look shapeless.
- Fitted tees are always a hit.
- Wrap jersey dresses are comfortable, look elegant, and accommodate the growing bump easily. They are also perfect for those special occasions.
- Black is always a flattering color for any woman – pregnant or non-pregnant.
- Bootleg jeans with an adjustable waistband are a “must have” item for any maternity wardrobe. They are extremely versatile and can be worn after the pregnancy.
- Did you know that you can rent formal maternity clothes? Belly Bump Boutique, for example, offers a large selection of formal maternity wear for rent.
As for the best tip of all, just remember to always embrace and dress-up your beautiful, new shape.
©YoungUrbanMoms.com | A community, forum, and resource for Young Urban Moms everywhere!