By: Maria Smith
Latoicha Givens, beauty blogger, founder of LuxeTips.com, and fashion-forward mom of two, has great advice to make sure “fashionable mom” is not an oxymoron
Moms are the most multi-tasking people around. We are always going, going and going. Dressing for playdates, carpool, soccer practice and grocery store runs (not to mention actual “work” outside the home) can be challenging.
Latoicha Givens, beauty blogger, founder of LuxeTips.com, and fashion-forward mom of two, has offered some great advice to make sure “fashionable mom” is not an oxymoron. She says the key is to look fabulous while also remaining comfortable.
Yes! Here are her five totally doable tips to put the “luxe” back in your life:
- Invest in a great pair of high-quality jeans. Regardless of your body type or size, a good pair of jeans can look great on anyone. Make sure they fit well, are comfortable and they should never, ever be tapered. Jeans can easily go from the carpool line, to the grocery store, to a date with your husband.
- Wear comfortable and gorgeous flats. A busy Mom must own a good pair of flats. Flats are great for running after your busy toddler at the park, but they don’t have to be dull and drab. Get a pair of red or yellow flats, or if you want to be even bolder, make them sparkly. They can go with everything (really!) and make you look chic and stylish.
- Accessories are key. Accessories always add that extra pizzazz to any ensemble. Instead of donning your everyday pearl studs, wear some big gold hoops, or maybe add some dangling earrings to accompany your outfit. Also, statement pieces, such as a jeweled cuff or big chunky necklace, will give you that Rachel Zoe vibe. A colorful pashmina scarf tied artfully around your neck will also go miles to help make your outfit look effortless.
- Own some statement tees. Moms want to be comfortable so soft cotton tees are a must. But instead of going for the standard neutral color tee, rock a graphic tee. Graphic tees come in all sort of colors, with designs, catchy phrases or the name of your favorite band. A graphic tee paired with your hot jeans, fitted blazer, sparkly flats, and key accessories will turn you into a true rock star mom.
- Never leave home without some make-up. At minimum every woman should wear at least lip gloss, blush and mascara every day. The blush will give your face a healthy glow, lip gloss will enhance your lips, and mascara gives your eyes the little bit of pop they need.
Maria Smith resides in Atlanta, Georgia with her husband and three kids. In her pre-baby days, she was a TV producer for shows like Oprah, and now fills her child-free time with freelance writing and public relations projects. You could reach her at email@example.com or on Twitter @MariaRSmith.
©YoungUrbanMoms.com | A community, forum, and resource for Young Urban Moms everywhere!