By: Staff Report
When we last left villain-turned-good-guy, Gru, he became the guardian to the three energetic little girls—Margo, Agnes, Edith. He was despicable in his tactics alright, using the girls to spy on his enemy. This time around, he’s a legit businessman with a start-up jelly company, and although we don’t see the same evil plots and plans, we do see more the favorite minions. Don’t let the description alone fool you, as these minions aren’t mere minions. We get to know Dave, Kevin, Stuart, Jerry and all the others a little more, before these are minion-napped by the villains to inject with the transformation serum.
Oh, but there’s a twist to who the villains are this time around. Yes, that’s plural. There’s also a romantic twist, as Gru meets his match—Lucy Wilde—with spying work and again matters of the heart.
But besides the twists, there’s still more of 2 to love, and we’ve listed our top 7 reasons (my tween helped):
1. Cool spying gadgets, such as the lipstick taser and the purple (transformation) serum.
2. Lucy Wilde is funny and a cool woman spy.
3. Minions—More of them!
4. And the indestructible PURPLE minions.
5. Pharrell Williams’ soundtrack with the hit Happy. Plus, the Minion-version of the romantic song I Swear and YMCA. Hilarious! The music just adds to the great moments in the movie.
6. We also learned a little Minionese (Minion talk).
7. For parents, there are no inside jokes with this movie. Joke are just fun and based on the animation/characters.
And another great one, we get the opportunity to do this giveaway! In honor of Despicable Me 2′s Blu-Ray release today, we’re hosting a giveaway. This movie could be yours this holiday season! Just leave a comment below to be entered in our random selection, and the winner will be announced on Thursday, December 12th.
Giveaway ends on Wednesday, December 11th at 5:00pm EST. So while you wait for that announcement, here are some goodies to keep you and the kids busy.